Emergency Veterinary Services in Rocky Point
Fast & Effective Treatment for Serious Illness & Injury
Rocky Point Animal Hospital wants you to know that there is always someone to help you in case of an accident or a sudden illness. During business hours, call us right away at (631) 302-7454. We know how important it is to get emergency treatment for your cat, dog, or other pet right away. We will let you know what to do in order to receive emergency care. We accept patients from Rocky Point, Shoreham, Sound Beach, and the surrounding areas.
After-Hours Emergency Care
If your pet experiences an emergency outside of our business hours, we recommend this local animal emergency room:
Animal Emergency Service
280 Middle County Road L
Selden, NY 11784
East End Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center
67 Commerce Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
Rocky Point Animal Hospital has an outstanding relationship with both Animal Emergency Service and East End Veterinary & Emergency Specialist Center. If you need to take your pet there in an emergency, we can provide them with information about your pet that may help to determine a diagnosis or the best course of treatment.
When to Call for Emergency Services
It can be difficult to determine whether your pet’s injury or illness is grounds for an emergency visit. As a general rule of thumb, if you are seriously concerned about your pet’s well-being, you should never hesitate to contact our emergency veterinarians in Rocky Point.
Call us if your pet:
- Has been seriously injured (hit by a car, fell several feet, etc.)
- Is struggling to breathe or is choking
- Has a faint or undetectable heartbeat
- Is unconscious
- Is vomiting repeatedly – especially if they are vomiting blood
- May have broken a bone
- Is bleeding from the eyes, nose, or mouth
- Has blood in their urine or feces
- Has ingested a poisonous or toxic substance such as antifreeze, rat poison, unprescribed medication, or household cleaner
- Is unable to urinate
- Seems to be in extreme pain
- Has collapsed or is immobile
- Seems unusually disoriented
- Is struggling to see
- Is gagging and struggling to vomit
- Is exhibiting the signs of heatstroke
- Is pregnant and has gone more than three or four hours between delivering babies
Reach out to us at (631) 302-7454.
PET CARE YOU CAN
Preventative Care & Early Detection are Key
Comprehensive Pet Care
Knowledgeable, Caring & Compassionate Staff
Stable & Supportive Environment
Caring for animals bring us so much joy. We look forward to providing quality care to your pets.
Real Stories from Real OwnersRead Our Reviews
“They are absolutely knowledgeable and they care about both the animals and their owners.”- Frank C.
“They all are smart, caring, wonderful people who love our animals as much as we do.”- Sharon N.
“They are so understanding and I just love their support.”- C. M.